Last Updated on 27 June 2022 by Mattia Settimelli
Photo by Eaters Collective
This super healthy Avocado Pasta is packed full of nutrients and is super tasty too
We’re still in the Mexican mood (after our last Avocado enchiladas recipe), so we came up with this.
Browsing the web in search of inspiration, we stumbled upon this delicious recipe by the awesome Nicola of I cook the world
Image courtesy of icooktheworld.com
You can make your own variation of, say, type of pasta (we personally prefer the farfalle as in the main picture, here) but it’s up to you.
Garlic is beneficial for you as it contains a huge number of various vitamins, moreover, it has solid mitigating properties which enable the body to ward off colds and flu.
Other benefits include;
- Lowering Cholesterol
- Decreases the risk of Dementia and Alzheimer’s
- Lower blood pressure
- Helps weight reduction
This video from our friends at I cook the world perfectly illustrates the how to prepare this delicious dish. With one caveat only: long-form pasta shouldn’t be broken in two, as in the video.
We’re Italian and the correct way to cook spaghetti, fettuccine, linguine and all the long pasta is to leave it uncut.
That being said, here’s the recipe from Andrea’s blog:
- Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water for 12 – 15 minutes and drain
- Heat frying pan over medium heat and add ½ tbsp. of olive oil and the garlic clove finely chopped
- Peel and de-stone the avocado and chop roughly
- Add the avocado to the cooking garlic and stir continuously for 1 minute
- Put remaining oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, and paprika
- Add a splash of water so the ingredients do not stick to the pan
- Put the wholegrain spaghetti to the frying pan and combine all ingredients and warm through
- Finely chop the coriander and half the tomatoes and add both to the pan (keep back some coriander to garnish)
- Cook for 4 minutes
- Sprinkle finely sliced chili and remaining coriander to serve
Hope you like this super avo-dish!